Reader

Monday, December 12, 2016

Quarrel Over Udon Broth

I saw this article on the Internet and I thought it was really funny.
A man in Hyogo was arrested because he assaulted the manager of an Udon restaurant
The reason was the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. The man asked for more broth and the restaurant refused to do so for some reason. The man went vicious over Udon broth and assaulted the manager. 

 A man assaulted the manager of an udon shop in Amagasaki City after he was refused more broth

This sounds so stupid, but maybe for Japanese, Udon broth is something vital when they eat Udon, therefore the fury of the man could be understood in Japan.
I do not think so but I have personally encountered a similar man when I was eating at "Hanamaru Udon", 


a famous Udon joint in Japan.There was an old man in the waiting line about to get his Udon bowl. He then complained, "Where's my broth, I need more" the staff told him "I am sorry but we thought it might be too salty to add more broth on your Udon bowl" then for some reason the man just got so furious and said "I need more broth! You just shut up and add more broth! I'm the customer and I want more broth" 
I was puzzled what made the man so angry, I mean the staff did it for him because they thought it might be too salty and the man just complains like a dick.
I mean maybe this is a mixture of Japanese spoiled customer and affinity for Udon from Japanese? I am not really sure why it is such  a big deal to many Japanese.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow us