Reader

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Abdication and New Era

Japanese Emperor is willing to abdicate because he is physically exhausted. I really do not care about this emperor issue but for some reason, it is becoming a huge issue for many Japanese. Together with abdication, Japan uses its own Japanese year not Anno Domini and it is used throughout Japan and any kind of official document, the Japanese year is used instead of Anno Domini. The current Japanese year is called "Heisei" and written as 平成 it is literally translated as "becoming flat" and I don't know what it exactly means. It's I believe Heisei 28 year in Japan. Even on my drivers license, my birthday is written in the Japanese year so when I am abroad, I can't use it as my ID because it lists my birthday with the stupid year system. It is really inconvenient and I hope Japan gets rid of its own year system. Japanese really love the word international or global so why don't you make use of Anno Domini? 
By the way the year  names change every time when the emperor changes so on I believe 2020 the name will change to something else. I personally don't care but I am just surprised to know how many people are still into this whole emperor thing. This is bismal. Here's a video of Japanese people worshipping the emperor like a crazy cult people. 
This is one of the loyal families of emperor I believe and they are all taking photos with Japanese flag and I think this is ridiculous.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow us