Reader

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Stupidity of the Japanese Moral Myth

I was reading one of the articles published by the Japan Times and I was surprised to see comments and responses toward the article. A myth; one loses something in Japan, one can almost surely retrieve it back through local police stations and even if you leave your key on a bike no one will dare steal it.

I always questioned myself that does anyone actually believe in this myth?
In reality just from reading responses posted on the article prove that there are quite a number of people who actually believe in this myth. 

Why do I say this is a myth? 
I mean use your common sense, for example Tokyo where population exceeding more than 35 million making it most populous metropolitan area in the world; it is impossible to even find something you lose. I see so many foreigners and even locals get their way lost for instance at stations, on big squares, in a big department stores and etc. So why would you by any chance want to think that something you lose is reachable?  

Drop your phone or wallet in Japan, it'll be gone in a matter of seconds. I am a very cautious person thus I do not lose many things on my everyday life. However, time to time even though you are very cautious, you can still lose things when you have a long day or something.  To give you a clearer point, I provide you my personal experiences in Japan.

I have dropped my phone and I have never got it back. I have dropped my domicile registration certification and I never got it back. In fact anything I have ever dropped in Japan, I never got them back. 

You can already see the story in fact is totally a myth.

I'm tired of Japanese always providing the same crap for more than a decade. I heard the story when I was an elementary school pupil and even I'm a fully grown adult now, I still hear the same freaking story from Japanese and now I hear it even from our government officials as one of the tools to promote Japan to the world.

This is ridiculous that people in Japan are giving false information to people around the world just so that people will visit Japan and spend money which will contribute to Japan's economic growth. Nonetheless, wait a minute, giving false information to attract people and make them spend money? You know what it's called? FRAUD. Japanese people are deceiving other people for their own sake of earning and making profits out of it. 

I emphasize it once again; drop something it'll be gone, leave your key on your bike it'll be freaking gone. 

You know what, in fact regardless of where you are situated, if you have decent minds, or coherent thoughts, you would never leave your key on your bike and what ensures you that it won't be gone? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow us